Ever heard of cardio drumming? It’s a relatively new fitness trend represented by a combination of creativity and exercise — and it’s accessible to anyone, irrespective of age or whereabouts. A drumstick is required to get started, yes. No doubt, if you’re a beginner drummer, you’ll love the workout. It will contribute to your arms’ strength and endurance. But overall, you don’t have to be a drumming expert to enjoy this unusual workout routine.
So, what exactly does cardio drumming involve? In a nutshell, the routine comes down to hitting a soft elastic exercise ball with drumsticks for up to one hour. The activity grants you lots of freedom. You get to hit your exercise ball and your fellow drummer’s ball, too. You’re not limited by any rules. You just have fun drumming along to your favorite songs, go with the flow, and have a blast meeting people. Cardio drumming usually includes versatile workout routines, so it’s never boring.
Health Benefits of Cardio Drumming
Cardio is an important element of any fitness activity. It boosts weight loss, enhances your coordination, ability to concentrate, strengthens your legs, arms, and core, as well as improves your overall wellbeing. Because cardio drumming is fun, you will enjoy burning hundreds of calories without feeling excessively tired. According to recent reports, drum playing helps you burn almost 300 calories per hour. However, that number varies depending on the music you exercise to.
Here’s an overview of the perks of cardio drumming for your mental and physical health:
- this exciting activity helps you lose weight fast while also aiding you in building up muscle tone;
- cardio drumming boosts your heart health and prevents cardiovascular disease;
- this fitness routine bolsters your emotional wellbeing by reducing stress, tension, and anxiety. It helps you release all your negative feelings. You’ll feel absolutely relaxed after an hour-long drumming workout;
- cardio drumming unleashes your spirit and activates your creative side, allowing you to elevate your mental and physical potential to a whole new level;
- cardio drumming as part of a group creates a sense of social connectivity, as well as grants you the possibility for self-expression and establishing a connection with like-minded people. As a result, you get a major boost in self-confidence.
Last but Not Least
Cardio drumming helps your body and mind find connection with the natural world. It enables you to flow within the rhythm of the music that beautifully translates into the flow of life as you start feeling the rhythm in everything you come across with. So, if you’re wondering if giving cardio drumming a try is worth it or not, the answer is a definite yes.
At the end of the day, this therapeutic activity is very good for healing your mind, body, and soul. It’s great for people of all ages, so you’re free to take your kids with you, too. So, what are your thoughts on cardio drumming? Would you like to try it? Have your say in the comment section below and get the discussion going. We appreciate your feedback greatly.