- 2016 edition was the second game with the new format: USA players vs International players. The league’s assistant coaches selected 10 U.S. players and 10 international players for the game, with one ballot for each NBA team. Both 10-man rosters included 4 guards, 4 frontcourt players and 2 more players regardless of their position.
- It started as a spectacle: 21 dunks and 21 three-pointers in a huge scoring first half (88-79). Team USA really on fire with 14 three pointers.
- At halftime the best scorers were Emmanuel Mudiay (21 points), Jordan Clarkson (19) and Devin Booker (18). Booker was a last-minute pick to substitute injured Nerlens Noel.
- Kristaps Porzingis 21 points on the second half and Andrew Wiggins efforts were not enough for the Team World. Zach Lavine was again Team USA best scorer with 30 points (last year in NY he scored 22) and got a well-deserved MVP trophy.
- 157 points scored by Team USA is the second-best score in the NBA Rookies Games (Chuck Team 163 in 2013). Team World’s 154 points is by far the best mark for a non-winning team.
- Watch Game Recap from NBA.com
- Coaches: Larry Drew (Team USA) and Ettore Messina (Team WORLD)
- MVP: Zach Lavine (Team USA)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”3639″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]