- Warriors teammates, Gilbert Arenas and Jason Richardson took over the game in the second half, and gave the Sophomores a 132-112 victory. In the first minutes, Caron Butler (14 points) and Amare Stoudemire (12 points) led the Rookies, who arrived at halftime with a 69-57 advantage.
- The game was as crazy as every year. The first half featured 26 dunks and 35 turnovers.
- In the second half, the Sophomore’s show really started. Arenas and Richardson combined for 42 points in a 3-pointer exhibition.
- At the end of the game, Richardson was the best scorer with 31 points (tying Kobe Bryant’s 1997 record), but the MVP was for Gilbert Arenas, who scored 30, and became the first player to win this award after not being selected in the first round of the draft.
- Coaches: Cotton Fitzsimmons and Lou Hudson (Team ROOKIES), Mike Fratello and Bob Pettit (Team SOPHOMORES)
- MVP: Gilbert Arenas (Team SOPHOMORES)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2732″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]