- For the second consecutive year the Rookies won the game, but the Sophomore still have a 8-4 advantage in the Rookie Challenge.
- After an exciting first half with 11 lead changes, the Rookies leaded 71-69 at halftime. Wesley Johnson with 16 points (7-8 field goals) was the best rookie, and DeJuan Blair kept his 2010 high intensity level with 14 points and a spectacular off the backboard dunk. Blake Griffin was hit in the nose by his teammate Landry Fields and only played 6 minutes, but came back for the second half.
- In the final minutes, the Rookie team guided by John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins (33 points and 14 rebounds) took again the lead and controlled the game until the end.
- Best scorer for the Sophomores was James Harden with 30 points.
- John Wall with 22 assists established a new record, improving Chris Paul 17 mark in 2007 game. That was the second occasion (the first in 1995) when two undrafted rookies played in the Rookie Challenge. The players: Wesley Matthews and Gary Neal.
- Coaches: Mike Budenholzer and Amar’e Stoudemire (Team ROOKIES), Armond Hill and Carmelo Anthony (Team SOPHOMORES)
- MVP: John Wall (Team ROOKIES)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2846″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]