ROOKIES SELECTED FOR THE NBA ALL STAR GAME
- 45 players became NBA All-Star Game selections in their rookie season. This is the full list sorted chronologically.
- 3 players achieved MVP honors as rookies playing the All-Star Game, curiously in three consecutive editions: Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson.
- Jack Molinas and Patrick Ewing are the only rookies selected who were not able to play the NBA All-Star Game.
- Players who played in other leagues (ABA or NBL) and made the All-Star Game in their first NBA season are not included.
- Stats column show these players rookie stats before the NBA All-Star Game. Only available stats are shown. N/A = Not Available.