1981 NBA ALL STAR GAME RICHFIELD:
WEST 120 – EAST 123
- The smallest player of the match, Nate Archibald, helped the East team to win and himself to get the MVP.
- With seven minutes left in the fourth quarter, East won by 14 (113-99), but Dennis Johnson and Paul Westphal made a final comeback attempt for the West.
- Then, appeared Celtics point guard Archibald. He took the control of the game, and the Western team never was closer than three points.
- On the eve of the game, West coach John McLeod had a clear strategy to follow: “I want everybody to play the same minutes. All the players are All-Stars and ought to get an equal chance to participate in a game such as this.” Looking at the box score it’s clear he made his promise.
- MVP: Nate Archibald (East)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2984″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1904″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1881″ title=”Coach East”]