- The Sophomore team broke the tie in victories in the Rookie Challenge with their third triumph in 5 editions.
- The game was as crazy as usual, with a 142-118 score (new record), 184 points in the paint(!) and without any kind of defense.
- Amare Stoudemire was the MVP with 36 points and 11 rebounds, surpassing the individual scoring record set by Kobe Bryant (1997) and Jason Richardson(2003) with 31 points.
- In the first 20 minutes, the Rookies made their best efforts with the stars Lebron James (33 points) and Carmelo Anthony (17), who didn’t disappoint with many spectacular plays. Heat’s guard Dwyane Wade also scored 22 points.
- The first half finished 72-59, while Tayshaun Prince had scored 15 points. The Sophomores took advantage of their height, Stoudemire was the theoretic starting small forward for the Sophomores while Melo Anthony played PF for the Rookies.
- The advantage kept growing in the second half until a maximum of 30 points (140-110). At the end of the game, Lebron and Prince exchanged through-the-legs dunks.
- Other important players in the Sophomore’s squad were Carlos Boozer and Ronald “Flip” Murray, both with 25 points.
- This Rookie’s Game has the most future NBA All-Stars in a game of this kind, with a total of 10 players from both teams, 6 Rookies and 4 Sophomores.
- Coaches: Doug Collins and Byron Scott (Team ROOKIES), Michael Cooper and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Team SOPHOMORES)
- MVP: Amare Stoudemire (Team SOPHOMORES)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2448″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]