1980 NBA ALL STAR GAME LANDOVER:
WEST 136 – EAST 144
- It was the debut of the three points line, in a great game that East only could win in the overtime.
- The MVP went to George Gervin (34 points), who made 18 points in the third quarter, when the East won by 17.
- In the fourth quarter, Adrian Dantley and Paul Westphal tied the game (128-128).
- With 1:40 minutes remaining in the overtime, Larry Bird, who was the best rookie that season, hit the first 3 pointer in an All Star Game ever.
- Moses Malone and Larry Bird, both with 5 points in the overtime leaded their team to the victory.
- Magic Johnson was the first player selected for HS McDonald’s All-American to play in the NBA All-Star Game.
- MVP: George Gervin (East)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2720″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1928″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1881″ title=”Coach East”]