1959 NBA ALL STAR GAME DETROID:
WEST 124 – EAST 108
- Detroit saw the revenge of the West team and Bob Pettit.
- Bob was the best scorer for the fourth consecutive year.
- This time he had to share the MVP with Elgin Baylor (24 points and 11 rebounds), the first time the MVP award was shared in an All-Star Game, and also the first time that a rookie won the MVP title!
- West’s coach was Ed Macauley, the first MVP in the history.
- MVP: Bob Pettit and Elgin Baylor (West)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2528″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2696″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1903″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1870″ title=”Coach East”]