- 2017 edition was the third game with the new format: USA players vs International players.
- At halftime, the Team World took a good 77-66 lead, guided by their big players (Porzingis and Jokic) and with Pelicans guard Buddy Hield (19 points) destined to get the MVP. Undrafted Spurs Jonathon Simmons was the best scorer for Team USA with 12 points.
- Halfway in the second half, Team USA had a short lead on the scoreboard thanks to a 12-0 run against the Team World bench. At that moment, Frank Kaminsky and Jamal Murray started a war of three-pointers (both players scored 9 total), and the Canadian had a key role for the Team World to win, and also winning the Most Valuable Player trophy with 36 points and 11 assists (27 in the second half).
- Domantas Sabonis and Arvydas Sabonis (1996 Rookie Game) are the first son/father duo to play in the Rookies/Rising Stars.
- Joel Embiid (left knee injury) and Emmanuel Mudiay (back injury) didn’t play the game, Alex Abrines and Willy Hernangomez were named as replacements.
- Watch Game Recap from NBA.com
- Coaches: Jay Larranaga (Team USA) and Mike Brown (Team WORLD)
- MVP: Jamal Murray (Team World)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”3368″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]