1955 NBA ALL STAR GAME NEW YORK CITY:
WEST 91 – EAST 100
- New York repeated All Star. This edition was based on the exhibition of two Celtics players.
- Bob Cousy was the best scorer with 20 points, but the MVP was Bill Sharman, who scored 10 points in the last quarter.
- Ironically, East coach Al Cervi ordered Dick McGuire to substitute Sharman early in the fourth quarter.
- The game was very close, with 16 lead changes in minutes, but that substitution never happened.
- Sharman found a “hot hand” and scored 5 baskets in a matter of minutes.
- Before the game, players met behind closed doors to complete the organization of their newly formed players representative council.
- Andrews Air Force Base team of Washington defeated the Armed Forces All-Stars 84-75 in a preliminary game.
- Cliff Hagan, a future 5 times NBA All-Star Game select, played for the winners.
- MVP: Bill Sharman (East)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2500″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1884″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1878″ title=”Coach East”]