1998 NBA ALL STAR GAME NEW YORK CITY:
WEST 114 – EAST 135
- In the last All-Star Game of Michael Jordan while playing in Chicago, East won their third consecutive game, being MJ the MVP and the best scorer. Besides, Jordan became all time historic leader in steals.
- The new generation had arrived with Kobe Bryant, who in his first All-Star Game challenged Jordan with no success, but he still did a good job for the West.
- Kobe was one of the four Lakers teammates who played on this edition, and besides he became in the youngest player to play (and start!) in the All-Star Game.
- East based their victory in the first and the last quarter (33-25 and 34-23).
- MVP: Michael Jordan (East)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2968″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1897″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1871″ title=”Coach East”]