1985 NBA ALL STAR GAME INDIANAPOLIS:
WEST 140 – EAST 129
- West made its first victory in the 80’s in front of 43,146 spectators in Indianapolis, breaking the East run (5-0 in past five editions).
- There were three key players in the West: Ralph Sampson, who got the MVP with 24 points and 10 rebounds (10-15 FG), George Gervin with 23 points (10-12 FG) and Magic Johnson with 21 points and 15 assists.
- The best players in the East were Isiah Thomas with 22 points and Larry Bird with 21.
- The match was tied in the halftime, but West could win because of a 29-24 and a 43-37 in the last two quarters.
- Nuggets player Alex English convinced fellow NBA players to donate their shares from the All-Star Game (an aggregate of more than $100,000) to Interaction Ethiopia, a relief fund assisting with efforts in famine stricken Ethiopia.
- MVP: Ralph Sampson (West)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”3031″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1909″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1895″ title=”Coach East”]