NBA ALL STAR VOTING RESULTS 2016 – TORONTO
Internet voting finished on January 18. The fan starters were announced on January 21 and the reserves on January 28 during special TNT shows.
NBA coaches picked 2 guards, 3 frontcourt players and 2 more players regardless of their position to complete each conference roster. They couldn’t pick players from their own team.
- Kobe Bryant finished as the top vote-getter with 1,891,614 fan votes. With 15 games, he became the leading player in the ‘most games started list‘ and achieved the second place in the ‘most games played‘ list.
- LeBron James was again the most voted Eastern player reaching his 12th NBA All-Star Game.
- Finally, Kawhi Leonard secured the last Western forward starting spot. He is the last player to debut in the All-Star Game as a starter.
- Carmelo Anthony received only 360 votes more than Pau Gasol for the last starting spot in the East team.
- Kristaps Porzingis is the only rookie in the Top 50 vote getters.
- No love for the East. Western players have received much more votes compared to Eastern players.
- Al Horford was the only player not in the Top 50 to be selected as a bench player (Chris Bosh replacement).
Ballot 2016 Votes