NBA ALL-STAR PLAYERS WHO WERE STARTERS IN THEIR FIRST ALL-STAR APPEARANCE
- In more than 60 years of NBA All-Star history, players started the game in their first appearance as NBA All-Star players.
- Joel Embiid is the last addition to the list.
- 6 of these players were selected as MVP of the game:
- Ed Macauley in 1951, the first NBA All-Star Game, obviously it was Macauley’s first All-Star.
- 3 rookie wonders in 3 consecutive years: Elgin Baylor in 1959, Wilt Chamberlain in 1960 and Oscar Robertson in 1961.
- Julius Erving in 1977, the first NBA All-Star since several ABA teams joined the NBA.
- And Tom Chambers astounding performance at home in 1987.
To come soon