1995 NBA ALL STAR GAME PHOENIX:
WEST 139 – EAST 112
- In 1995, West had an easy victory, based on their bench players.
- Gary Payton gave 15 assists in 23 minutes, and Karl Malone scored 13 of his 15 points in the key second quarter, when the Western team reached 41 points of advantage.
- Mitch Richmond was named MVP (he started from the bench too), making 23 points in 22 minutes, with 10-13 in field goals.
- In the East, the best players were from the Orlando Magic connection: Shaquille O’Neal and Penny Hardaway, who became the first player selected for the NBA All-Star Game after having participated in a Rookie’s Game.
- Gary Payton established a new record for the most assists by any player from the bench.
- MVP: Mitch Richmond (West)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2975″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1927″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1891″ title=”Coach East”]