- In 2001, the Rookies game had 40 minutes, 10 more than the past editions. The Sophomores won their second game, with 5 players who participated in the 2000 Rookie Challenge. In this edition Baron Davis, Richard Hamilton, Shawn Marion and Jason Terry joined the sophomore team.
- It was an exciting show, full of alley-oops and dunks. The two teams were close during the game, but Steve Francis and Wally Szczerbiak were too much for the young rookies.
- Some Rookies made a name in the league with this game. For example, Chicago Bulls point guard Khalid El-Amin with his ballhandling. Quentin Richardson was the MVP of the Rookies with 20 points, and impressive with 14 rebounds. Darius Miles was the dunk man.
- In the Sophomores team, Shawn Marion and Steve Francis were pretty good, but the unanimous MVP was Szczerbiak with 27 points and 11-13 FG.
- Coaches: Kevin Loughery and Jack Marin (Team ROOKIES), Elvin Hayes and Phil Chenier (Team SOPHOMORES)
- MVP: Wally Szczerbiak (Team SOPHOMORES)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”3158″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]