1977 NBA ALL STAR GAME MILWAUKEE:
WEST 125 – EAST 124
- In an exciting final, Paul Westphal hit two field goals and stole one ball, paving the grounds for the victory of the West.
- The third quarter was the key, with a 39-21 score for the West, leaded by Paul Westphal and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- In the East, the best players were Julius Erving and Bob McAdoo, both with 30 points, and Erving becoming the second MVP in the history playing in the loser team.
- This game will be remembered as the first All-Star Game after the ABA merged with the NBA (12 former ABA players participated in the game), and also for Dr. J Dunk over Kareem.
- This was the first time the game was played on Sunday afternoon (12:45 local time), after 26 editions being played in the evening.
- MVP: Julius Erving (East)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2857″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1873″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1917″ title=”Coach East”]