[alc_player_stats player_id=”2925″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
- From the very beginning, and up to the last play, it was already expected that (a little bit of) defense was back at the NBA All-Star Game
- No more 100 points quarters. Just a quick stat: 28 free throws attempted (both teams) in 2018 and only 8 in 2017.
- Team Stephen has a 10+ points advantage early in the second quarter, but Lebron James with 15 points (10 in the second) cut the difference.
- Klay Thompson scored 15 points on 5-9 three pointers.
- Team Stephen continued to dominate with little advantages, but at the end of the game Team LeBron with Irving, Westbrook, George, James and Durant on court turned over the game to win the first match of the new format era.
- DeMar DeRozan and Damian Lillard with 21 points were Team Stephen’s best scorers.
- Anthony Davis played with ‘#0 Cousins’ on his uniform in a tribute to his teammate DeMarcus Cousins, who missed the game with an Achilles tendon injury.
- Russell Westbrook was the player chosen to replace Cousins in the starting lineup.
- Warriors were represented by 4 players in the NBA All-Star Game for the second consecutive season.
- MVP: Lebron James (Team LeBron)
- This is the third MVP trophy for Lebron James. Only Bob Pettit and Kobe Bryant have won more MVPs than Lebron James.
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1882″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1877″ title=”Coach East”]