1961 NBA ALL STAR GAME SYRACUSE:
WEST 153 – EAST 131
- Third consecutive season that had a rookie as a hero. It was the time for Oscar Robertson.
- In a great game (153-131) he made 23 points and 14 assists (assist record) and he absolutely deserved to become the MVP. Bob Pettit was the best scorer with 29 points (a new record too).
- The game was basically already decided in the first quarter, when the West dominated 47-19.
- With only a little more than 8,000 spectators, the attendance to this edition of the All-Star Game was disappointing.
- MVP: Oscar Robertson (West)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2996″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1915″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1870″ title=”Coach East”]