1993 NBA ALL STAR GAME SALT LAKE CITY:
WEST 135 – EAST 132
- Like 4 years before, John Stockton and Karl Malone led the West. This time, the game was played in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Both players shared the MVP award. It was the first time in the All-Star history that two players of the same team were named MVP.
- Only Bob Pettit and Elvin Hayes in 1959were MVP in the same edition, but playing in different teams.
- Seven years later, Tim Duncan and Shaquille O’Neal shared MVP honors too.
- The game was decided in the overtime, because Pat Ewing made a mid-distance shoot at the end of the fourth quarter.
- Michael Jordan was the best scorer (for fourth time) and Mark Price made a record scoring six 3 pointer.
- MVP: John Stockton and Karl Malone (West)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2844″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2863″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1927″ title=”Coach West”]
[alc_staff_bio_card staff_id=”1909″ title=”Coach East”]