- The East won their third consecutive game since the beginning of the East-West duel in 1996.
- The West started the game pretty good (8-19), thanks to Bobby Jackson. At halftime, they were in front by four points only (38-42).
- In the second half, Van Horn, Billups and Zydrunas Ilgauskas appeared, with the latter to become the first international player chosen as a MVP. The name of the Lithuanian Cavs center started to be recognized since that All-Star event.
- West missed Tim Duncan, who probably would have been the star of the game, but Tim was selected to play with the best in the All-Star Game.
- Coaches: Willis Reed (Team EAST) and Dave DeBusschere (Team WEST)
- MVP: Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Team EAST)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”3188″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]