- For the third time in the NBA All-Star Weekend history, Rookies and Sophomores shared team in the NBA Rising Stars. TNT analysts Grant Hill and Chris Webber replaced Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal as the general managers of TEAM HILL and TEAM WEBBER.
- On February 6 they drafted 18 players to form their respective teams. Fans voted online to pick the starters for each team.
- After a game in Houston 2013 All-Star with lots of scoring and big differences, it was nice to see some good fights for the win in the last minute. Finally, Team Hill won one of the tightest Rising Stars Challenge of the last 5 years.
- Andre Drummond took 2013 Kenneth Faried’s role and got the MVP trophy after leading his team with 30 points and 25 rebounds, improving the rebounding record of DeJuan Blair in 2010 (23 rebounds). Besides Drummond, some of the brightest moments happened at the end of the game, when Tim Hardaway and Brandon Knight went one-on-one on several consecutive possessions, scoring mainly on 3-pointers 22 and 23 points respectively in about 7 minutes.
- In the first half, Team Hill had a one-point advantage (67-66). Andre Drummond was the biggest star clearing the boards with 17 points and 11 rebounds (8 offensive) in 12 minutes! Backcourt starters Lillard and Beal played 15 minutes scoring 11 and 13 points. Team Webber’s best player at halftime was Michael Carter-Williams (15 points and 5 assists).
- Watch Game Recap from NBA.com
- Watch the best plays at NBA.com:
- Coaches: Nate McMillan (Team HILL) and Rex Kalamian (Team WEBBER)
- MVP: Andre Drummond (Team HILL)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2450″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]