- The game was put together like in the first edition, with rookie players of both conferences mixed in the two teams Green and White.
- For the second year, the team with an advantage in the halftime (40-33 Green) finished losing the match.
- Lakers player Eddie Jones was named MVP, despite playing in the team losing the game.
- White came back with the points of Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson (21 points) and Lamond Murray (15 points), and the work of Khalid Reeves (11 points and 11 assists), winning the game 83-79 in the overtime.
- Anthony Tucker and Trevor Ruffin became the first undrafted rookies (not picked in the NBA draft) to take part in a Rookies Game.
- Coaches: Al Attles (Team GREEN) and Cotton Fitzsimmons (Team WHITE)
- MVP: Eddie Jones (Team EAST)
[alc_player_stats player_id=”2693″ add_link=”1″ style_type=”style_2″ title=”MVP”]