2012 NBA ALL STAR 3-POINT SHOOT-OUT CONTEST ORLANDO
- Winner: Kevin Love (MIN)
- Kevin Love needed more than 80 shots to win this contest, including a 24-seconds tiebreaker in the first round and an extra tiebreaker round against Kevin Durant to determine the winner.
- 2011 champion James Jones performed well and repeating final after a great 22 points first round.
- It’s not usual that people like Mario Chalmers (18 points) and Ryan Anderson (17) were eliminated, that was probably the best first round since the 1996 contest.
|Kevin Love||18 *||16-17|
|Mario Chalmers||18 *|
|* Kevin Love won first round 24-seconds tiebreaker 5-4 against Mario Chalmers. He won another tiebreaker in the final.|
- James Jones will defend his 3 Point Contest title against some of the best shooters of this season, most of them first time contestants.
- Kevin Love and Kevin Durant bring All-Star quality to the contest.
- Mario Chalmers is 5th in %3P, while Ryan Anderson and Anthony Morrow lead the league in 3 points made.
- Morrow will wear Drazen Petrovic jersey during the contest to honor former Net star.
- Each player has 1 minute to shoot twenty-five 3-pointers. Top three first round results advance to the final round.
|Joe Johnson *||ATL||53||149||0.356||2|
|* Joe Johnson will miss the NBA All-Star Weekend because of a knee injury. His replacement is Thunder forward Kevin Durant.|
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingPlayers
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingNews