The NBA is one of the world’s most exciting sports leagues, drawing in viewers from all over the world. In the US, NBC and ESPN have reported that viewing figures are up significantly for the 2021-22 season, with an average of around 4 million viewers a game. The sport is clearly growing, and legal betting could be partly the reason. Since 2018, US states have been able to legalize and regulate sports betting, leading to many sportsbooks launching across the country. NBA in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania was one of the first states to legalize sports betting, and those living in PA can now easily bet on the NBA. Online sportsbooks throughout the state offer great odds on all the NBA games, including the regular season and the playoffs. If you’re looking to start betting on the NBA, this guide should help you get started.
Choosing a Pennsylvania Sportsbook
Online sports betting launched in 2019, and since then, multiple sports betting sites have gone live. Here are some of the best sites currently available:
- BetMGM – BetMGM is one of PA’s most popular online sportsbooks, thanks to its excellent range of betting markets and great odds. The BetMGM sportsbook Pennsylvania bonus code is also really worth using. New users can enjoy a risk-free bet worth up to $1000.
- DraftKings – DraftKings may have started out with fantasy sports, but the site is now better known as a sportsbook. It offers one of the best PA betting apps and has loads of great offers, including a very generous $50 no deposit bonus. You can bet on all the NBA action, including the playoffs.
- FanDuel – FanDuel is widely considered one of the best betting sites when it comes to live betting and props. It has an extensive range of betting markets, and the app is incredibly easy to use on your phone or tablet. If you’re signing up for the first time, you can benefit from the $1000 risk-free bet.
NBA Betting Tips
The NBA is a popular league to bet on as it features a lot of games, and in general, it can be relatively easy to predict. Most sportsbooks offer betting on the following markets for the NBA:
- Moneyline – Betting on the moneyline is betting on which team you think will win the match. This is a choice between the two teams and the simplest option to bet on. Still, if one team is a heavy favorite, there’s usually not much value.
- Point spread – Betting on the point spread is a bet that the team you choose will win with a handicap applied or a bonus applied. For example, if you bet on the 76ers -3.5, they’d have to win the game by at least 4 points.
- Over/under – Over/under or total betting is a bet on the total number of points in the game.