2017 NBA ALL STAR 3-POINT SHOOT-OUT CONTEST NEW ORLEANS
- Winner: Eric Gordon (HOU)
- In his first appearance in the contest, Eric Gordon showed he was the most solid contestant, but he needed an extra effort to defeat Kyrie Irving in the tiebreaker round.
- Gordon was the only player to score a perfect rack and he did it two times (final round and tiebreaker) and also had the best run with 7 made shots.
- Klay Thompson was just one shot away of defending at the final round the Warriors players streak in the contest.
- This contest was the third edition with the new rules. Every player can pick a rack to shoot five money-balls. That means that the new maximum score is 34 instead of 30.
No player has scored all the money-balls of the ‘special rack’ yet.
|* Eric Gordon won the final tiebreaker 21-18.|
- Klay Thompson is back to repeat as 3 Point Shootout Contest champion. Could be the third consecutive triumph for the Warriors backcourt.
- Nobody since Jason Kapono (2007–2008) has won the contest in two consecutive editions.
- The competitors with the highest score after the first round will compete head-to-head on the final.
- Stats through Feb. 3
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingPlayers
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingNews