2011 NBA ALL STAR 3-POINT SHOOT-OUT CONTEST LOS ANGELES
- Winner: James Jones (MIA)
- James Jones won in his first 3 Point Contest against Celtics Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.
- Jones is the third Miami Heat player who won the contest, after Daequan Cook (2009) and Glen Rice (1995).
- The first round was a disaster, with Daniel Gibson and Kevin Durant making two of the worst scores of the contest history.
- On the other side, Ray Allen made 10 consecutive shots, the best streak of the last 15 years in the 3 Point Shootout Contest.
- Paul Pierce will defend last season‘s title against another 5 shooters leaded by his teammate Ray Allen.
- Allen won the Three-Point Shootout contest a decade ago in 2001 and comes back to the contest 5 years later, becoming the third players with most participations (six) behind Dale Ellis (seven) and Craig Hodges (eight).
- Daniel Gibson is another player with some Three Point contest experience. He was finalist in 2008 (Jason Kapono won with 25 points), and this year has the best average between the six contestants.
- Three players will participate for the first time in the contest: Dorell Wright, who is leading the NBA in Three-Points made; James Jones who is taking advantage of the space in the Heat offense making more three-pointers and Kevin Durant, not a great three-point shooter, but a big star who will improve the quality of the contest.
- Like it happened last year, there are no home players (from Clippers or Lakers) in this contest.
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingPlayers
All-Star EventsAll-Star VotingNews