Brain function has a direct impact on your quality of life, the efficiency of a business, reaction speed, and other indicators. Few people pay attention to it in their youth. However, at a more mature age, it is not uncommon to see problems. For example, focus decreases, memory deteriorates, and the time required to reflect on a situation and make a decision increases. This can negatively affect any activity, including playing at the Red Dog casino.
Scientists and doctors have done a lot by testing patients of different ages. They found that brain exercises can improve overall health and slow down aging.
Negative Impact of Stress and Other Factors on Brain Functioning
The daily loss of brain cells is related not only to natural aging but also to the food and water consumed, as well as the level of environmental pollution. And while scientists used to believe that new neuron growth was impossible, this information has now been disproved.
And at the age of 60 or 70, you can keep your mind clear. Modern ways to keep your brain healthy are important, but it is also essential to take care of stable blood circulation. The latter factor is worsening in today’s realities. In the case of mental confusion and deterioration of memory, the measures taken include searching for problems with the thyroid gland and analyzing sleep, and nutrition. No one perceives the low blood flow to the brain as the main cause.
Stressful situations also make their contributions. And if in small doses they act as a motivation for action, then a regular state of suppression blocks the formation of new neurons. In addition, constant stress worsens the blood flow to the brain and causes the formation of arterial plaques. As a result, the blood vessels narrow or become damaged.
Sometimes it’s hard to change your quality of life. In that case, ask yourself: what are the tips that you apply to take good care of your brain? Alternatively, you can solve jigsaws and puzzles. No less useful is the occasional eating with bamboo sticks instead of forks. Asymmetrical movements with both hands also force the brain to work.
Age-Related Changes and Their Peculiarities
At the age of 20, you are unlikely to have thought about how to protect your brain. However, you need to keep in mind that various factors influence the development and preservation of cognitive functions, for instance, the quality of sleep, the presence of bad habits, physical activity, and stress conditions. Scientists believe that the brain is formed up to the age of 25 to 30. Scientists believe that the brain is formed up to 25 – 30. That’s why you need to think about your lifestyle in advance.
At the age of 30, the brain is considered mature, and the process of its natural aging begins. During this period, up to 85,000 neurons are lost daily, and in some cases, there are signs of cognitive deterioration.
After the age of 40, brain volume gradually decreases. On average, it varies by 5% over 10 years. However, if you know ways to improve brain function and follow the recommendations, you can slow down age-related changes. By the age of 40, both negative and positive manifestations are possible. See table for details.
|Positive points||Negative points|
At the age of 50, you have an extensive knowledge base that enables you to understand and assimilate new information well. However, your vocabulary loses if you compare it with that of your 60-70-year-old opponents.
At the pre-retirement age, you can perfectly cope with the tasks and transfer knowledge to young professionals. For example, at the age of 60, a pilot controls an airplane better than his 20-year-old colleagues. And even if he needs more time to learn the dashboard, the experience still plays a huge role. Recommendations on how to make mind sharp and intelligent will help.
Spending a minimum of time every day, you will feel great at the age of 70, and 80. By keeping physically and mentally active, you can think clearly even in late adulthood.
Increase Brain Power in 7 Minutes: 10 Recommendations
Use the chance to increase brain power in 7 minutes by following simple recommendations. Select several tips or take them into consideration:
- Take vigorous walks. Physical activity is a vital necessity. It improves cerebral circulation and enables you to generate new ideas.
- Don’t forget about dark chocolate. It is a source of vitamins and minerals. It improves circulation and reduces the negative effects of free radicals.
- Watch your posture. Sit up straight to increase blood flow to your brain.
- Write with the hand that you use less frequently. It helps in the formation of new neurons.
- Eat blueberries. Scientists have found that this berry triggers and accelerates neurogenesis.
- Learn new words in your native and foreign languages. This boosts intelligence and instantly adds new neurons.
- Improve your day with visualization. Through simple exercises, you will find peace, reduce stress levels, and boost your mood.
- Allocate 7 minutes a day to be in an atmosphere of peace. For this purpose, exclude any sources of stress: calls, news, streaming, audio signals – enjoy the silence.
- Use essential oils (bergamot, lavender) to relieve accumulated tension.
- Work on your mistakes. It is sometimes difficult to admit when you are wrong. If you do, analyze the causes of the problem. The brain will go to work, so you will find alternative ways out of the situation.
Take into account simple ways to improve brain function for personal development so you can always be resourceful. This will help you effectively manage your time, mood, and knowledge and stay sane for a long time.